Staff leasing is an outsourcing model that allows companies to outsource workers through a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). However, you - as the client - are still responsible for managing the outsourced team through a team leader who will work alongside the leased staff.
Here is a summary of the steps you need to take if you want to implement this model:
- See if the benefits of staff leasing are favorable for your business. Inquire through your PEO about the positions and job descriptions that you need, and raise some concerns if you have any.
- The PEO will provide you with a comprehensive proposal where you can read and understand the scope and objective. Be mindful of the key information you need and ask questions if you find that there are details that need more clarification.
- Sign the proposal and contract if you deem it sufficient.
- Go through the recruitment process to find the appropriate leased staff.
- Select and hire qualified applicants.
- Plan and implement their starting date, onboarding process, and training plan.
- Evaluate the recruited employees. The PEO will find you a replacement if necessary.
Learn more about staff leasing and its advantages and disadvantages in the infographic below.
Access the latest business knowledge in HR
Join the conversation...