A few sectors think that search engine optimization and search engine marketing has become irrelevant. However, this tool has never been more poised to evolve than it is now. New strategies have come into play, like using voice, images, and videos into a different style of marketing. Let’s take a look at some of these up and coming trends.
- The mad scramble for position zero - we used to believe that position no. 1 was every marketer's dream in Google's search engine. However, with the rise of voice search engine optimization, position 0 has risen to prominence.
- Voice search rises to prominence - AI has helped people get more relevant and appropriate information using audio. It’s expected that 30% of online searches will be done through voice.
- Visual search will be used more extensively - according to research, 62% of millenials prefer visual search over other search technologies. Therefore, searching online by uploading an image will be widely used in the upcoming months.
- Video search is gaining popularity - using videos has always been part of an excellent digital marketing strategy. Video marketing variations like video SEO and live video are a few ways you can become more relevant in search engine results.
- Content marketing is still the king of SEO - even though there have been lots of fresh and innovative forms of content, nothing beats well-written and highly relevant content. It’s still a perfect way to get your customers' attention.
Study these trends more by reading this infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines.