Here are some important content marketing statistics that every marketer should know:
Content is foundational in digital marketing
As much as 89% of marketers felt that their content marketing strategy is linked to all other parts of the business. Having more quality content gives your web visitors a reason to stick around, know more about your business, and finally - make a purchase.
According to the research by Microsoft, the average human attention span is only 12 seconds. By publishing compelling content, you can engage, educate, and entertain your target audience.
Other benefits of content marketing are:
- It improves your online visibility. Content creation is expedient in any SEO strategy.
- It brings you more qualified leads. By creating content around topics that are relevant to your brand, you can bring in more qualified traffic into your website.
- Quality content raises your credibility. Content marketing is powerful because it allows you to communicate with your target audience. Here’s the thing; buyers check out content before making a decision. They look at reviews, recommendations, articles, and news to get tips, advice, and other helpful information.
Quality is the key
76% of content marketers say they prioritize quality over quantity. But then, to drive more traffic to your site, you need to be aggressive with your marketing strategy; you need to publish a steady flow of content for months, if not years.
This is a major challenge among marketers. They’ve got to deliver more while maintaining and improving quality.
Striking a balance between quantity and quality is crucial to ensure content marketing success. To do this, the following steps should be done:
- Create content. You may enlist the help of your team or employees. Alternately, you can hire third parties, such as agencies or freelance writers.
- Create better content. A great option is to use an all-in-one marketing platform that features automation.
- Use multiple channels. A cloud-based marketing platform such as Adrack can be used to distribute content on a variety of channels: email, text message, push notification, social media, etc. It allows marketers to easily set up, schedule, and distribute campaigns in one go.
Content marketing is cost-effective
Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing but is three times more effective, which is why it’s by far the most popular digital marketing technique. In fact, the content marketing industry is currently valued at $300 billion and will triple in value in the next four years.
Nonetheless, 27% of marketers say that their content marketing efforts fail because they lack budget. Luckily, there are several smart approaches that make it more affordable:
- Focus on quality, not quantity. Publishing one blog post per week that’s well-researched and well-crafted drives more traffic than publishing an article every day that doesn’t provide value to your target audience.
- Create a buyer persona and customer lifecycle. The goal of content marketing is to nurture your leads and customers until they make a purchase. If your content isn’t doing that, you’re wasting money and resources.
- Consistency is key. To generate ROI from content marketing, it takes time and commitment. You don’t get the results you want overnight.
Custom content drives the most leads and conversions.
A whopping 78% of consumers trust brands that provide custom content.
Custom content is targeted to a brand’s existing personas. The goal is to reinforce the brand, re-engage customers, reinforce the value of the product, and create opportunities.
While this type of content can help generate new leads, it’s really about strengthening a brand’s relationship with its existing customers who are more likely to conduct repeat business with the company.
So how do you create effective branded content?
- Create a compelling headline. Your headline is the gateway to your content. It’s what customers look at before deciding whether to read the content or not. Headlines make it into your target audience’s news feed on social media so it’s important to make it appealing, catchy, and interesting.
- Mention your brand. Articles with a single-brand mention performed best in terms of reading time. However, be strategic about where you place it. Ideally, the brand mention should be after the first 300 words as mentioning your brand name in the first paragraph can have the opposite effect.
- Put in a call-to-action. This is the most important part of any marketing content. The best CTA is direct, on point, and brief. Be clear about what you want your readers to do, whether it’s to download something, buy a product, or sign up to your mailing list.
Content marketing is and will always be integral to any digital marketing strategy. It’s a cost-effective technique that promotes online visibility, SEO ranking, and customer engagement. By delivering high-quality content consistently, you can easily achieve your online marketing goals.