In effect since May 25, 2018, the GDPR set new rules and standards for how companies process users’ data. Any business worldwide that has users in the EU must comply, or face millions of dollars in fines.
With consequences this high, understanding the basics of the GDPR could save you from a penalty that completely shuts down operations. However, many businesses aren’t even sure where to begin to meet the GDPR’s stringent requirements.
Termly’s GDPR for Beginners infographic cuts through all the legalese and provides a clear introduction to the essentials of this game-changing privacy law.
In five minutes, you’ll learn:
- Key facts about the GDPR and why it was introduced
- What exactly constitutes personal data
- All the new rights internet users have
- Which concepts shape GDPR compliance
- Who’s who — from data controllers to processors
- How to handle GDPR paperwork
- How to process data legally
It’s all the information a business owner or digital professional needs to understand the GDPR. Check it out below:
Access the latest business knowledge in Management
Join the conversation...