How can professionals boost their email marketing? This cheat sheet has all the answers.
With 4 billion accounts (give or take a few million), marketers are starting to appreciate the full potential of email marketing. After all, more than 90% of internet users in the United States frequently check their emails, more than social media and no other e-marketing tool can directly land in the inbox of subscribers.
Ever since the first email was sent back in 1971, it has only ever gone in one direction. Up. It might not be as fancy as social media or instant messaging but here’s an important stat: 72% of customers say email is their preferred medium when communicating with businesses. So, it is critical to have an effective and engaging email program.
To help you, we have put together this useful ‘Email Marketing Cheat Sheet’ full of tips on how to build and implement an efficient email strategy. It covers the following areas:
- Personalization - It requires more than just a name, tailor emails to their interests or location
- Automation - Respond to the actions of your customers automatically, such as “Thank you for your purchase” emails
- Recovery - Re-engage with inactive customers and recover abandoned carts.
- Mobile friendly - Studies indicate that over 50% of emails are viewed for the first time on mobile devices. There is no excuse not to format emails for mobiles
- Testing - How to set up the right kind of tests for your email campaigns and to get the right results
Following these relatively straightforward steps should lead to more revenue generated from marketing.
I will sign off by repeating this amazing stat:
The ROI of $44 for every $1 spent is higher than any other form of communication including social media.
Author: Erik is CEO of MageMail. He also mentors startups with programs such as MassChallenge and Techstars. He geeks out and writes about innovation, ecommerce, emerging tech, leadership, and SaaS. Twitter: @ErikBullen